List of Manufacturers and Products
Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
Gellan Gum Application
2.PHYSICAL & CHEMICAL PROPERTIES
White to yellow-white powder which is soluble in water and which builds various forms of gels with the help of different salts. Very diversified
Product Name: Gellan Gum
Chemical Name: Not available
Chemical Formula: Not available.
CAS Number: 71010-52-1
Origin: Micro-bacteria Fermentation
Melting Point: Not available
Boiling Point: Not available
Flash Point: Not available
Density: Not available
Vapor Pressure: Not available
Dispersion Properties: See solubility in water.
Solubility: Partially soluble in cold water.
pH (1% solution/water): 7 [Neutral.]
3.STABILITY & REACTIVITY
4.HANDLING & STORAGE
Stability: The product is stable.
Instability Temperature: Not available.
Conditions of Instability: Not available.
Incompatibility with various substances: Not available.
Avoid contact with eyes. Wash thoroughly after handling. As with all chemicals, good industrial hygiene practices should be followed when handling this material. Avoid excessive heat. Do not handle or store near an open flame, heat or other sources of ignition. Keep the container tightly closed and in a cool, well-ventilated place.
5.ACCIDENTAL RELEASE MEASURES
6.EXPOSURE CONTROLS & PERSONAL PROTECTION
Small Spill: Use appropriate tools to put the spilled solid in a convenient waste disposal container. Finish cleaning by spreading water on the contaminated surface and dispose of according to local and regional authorityrequirements.
Large Spill: Use a shovel to put the material into a convenient waste disposal container. Finish cleaning by spreading water on the contaminated surface and allow to evacuate through the sanitary system.
Respiratory Protection: Where exposure likely exceeds acceptable criteria, use NIOSH/OSHA-approved respiratory equipment. Protective Clothing: Gloves recommended to prevent prolonged skin contact. Safety glasses, goggles, or face shield recommended for eye protection.
Other Protective Measures: Employees must practice good personal hygiene, washing exposed areas of skin several times daily and laundering contaminated clothing before re-use.
Gellan Gum Application
8.FIRST AID MEASURES
Inhalation: Inhalation of dust may be irritating to the respiratory system causing cough and sore throat.
Hazardous in case of eye contact (irritant). Slightly hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant), of ingestion, of inhalation.
Repeated or prolonged exposure is not known to aggravate medical condition.
Eyes: Irrigate eyes with a heavy stream of water for at least 20 minutes. Seek medical attention if symptoms persist.
Skin: Wash exposed areas of the body with plenty of water & soap. Inhalation: Remove from area of exposure. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Seek medical attention if symptoms persist.
Ingestion: Rinse mouth. Do not induce vomiting. Seek medical attention.
9.FIRE FIGHTING MEASURES
Flammability: may be combustible at high temperatures
Extinguishing Media: foam, carbon dioxide for large fires; dry powder for small fires Do not use water jet.
Fire Fighting Procedures: Firefighters should wear full fire-fighting turn-out gear (full Bunker gear) including NIOSH-approved self-contained breathing apparatus with full facepiece operated in the pressure demand or other positive pressure mode.
ORAL (LD50): Acute: ≥5000 mg/kg [Rat].
Chronic Effects on Humans: Not available.
Other Toxic Effects on Humans: Slightly hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant), of ingestion, of inhalation.
Special Remarks on Toxicity to Animals: Not available.
DOT Classification: Not a DOT controlled material (United States).
Identification: Not applicable.
Special Provisions for Transport: Not applicable.
Air Transport IATA: Refer to corresponding hazard class
This information relates only to the specific material designated and may not be valid for such material used in combination with any other materials or in any other process. Such information is to be the best of the company s knowledge and believed accurate and reliable as of the date indicated. However, no representation, warranty or guarantee of any kind, express or implied, is made as to its accuracy, reliability or completeness and we assume no responsibility for any loss, damage or expense, direct or consequential, arising out of use. It is the user s responsibility to satisfy himself as to the suitableness & completeness of such information for his own particular use.
- Gellan Gum
- Gellan Gum Gellan Gum(E418) is a kind of extra cellular polysaccharide excreted by microorganismPseudomonas elodea. It is a linear structure with a repeating unit oftetrasaccharide. As the emulsifier, suspending agent, thickener, stabilizer,gelling agent, tissue culture medium, film former and lubricant, gellan gum hasbeen widely applied in over 20 fields, such as food, cosmetics, detergent,ceramics, petroleum exploration and coating for chemical industry. Compared with other
- Properties Gellan Gum is the white powder without specialflavor and odor and can disintegrate without melting in 150℃. Gellan gum can be dissolved in the cold water, the conditionsfor the formation of gelling are: 1.Need to heat up first 2.The existence of a certa 1.Need to heat upfirst 2.The existence of a certa 1.Need to heat upfirst 2.The existence of a certa 1.Need to heat upfirst 2.The existence of a certain amount of cations. In this way, the gellangum solution
- Classification The Gellan gum has two types, the high acyl and low acyltype, the specific difference is as follows: High Acyl Gellan Gum High acyl gellan gum can form soft, very elastic, non-brittle gels Low Acyl Gellan Gum Low acyl gellan gum can form hard, non-elastic, brittle gels Varying the ratiosof the two forms of gellan gum produces a wide variety of texture.
- Characteristic And Efficacy
- Characteristic And Efficacy Characteristic Efficacy Form high qualified gel under low concentration of 0.05~0.25% Gellan gum is an efficient gelling agent High stability at high temperature and low pH value Heating and sterilization has little effect on gel strength, acid gel has comparatively long shelf life Gel formed by Na+ and K+ can renew after heating, while gel formed by Mg2+ and Ca2+